“The Harmony Tree provides a meaningful space and opportunity for all children - to be, to share, to express, to think, to explore, to question, to grow, to learn new things and to have fun”.
Placing the child at both the forefront and epicentre of all activity, whether art-based, sensory, sporting or practical, at a pace that is his or her own.
To give the children freedom and space to appreciate the infinite potential of their hands, eyes and ears, the foundation of forms, the magic of material, the excitement of engagement and the direction of discovery.
Our Core Values
Let them try; let them fly
- To recognize the right of the child to retain his or her childhood over the demands of society to conform, thereby keeping individuality intact.
- To stimulate the child's instinctive curiosity by engaging all their sensory functions in a fun and creative way.
- To showcase learning as a journey, over and above the destination.
- To emphasize that the play way method is the only way of learning in early childhood; that the objective of childhood is to be able to engage whole-heartedly in play with joy and gusto.
- To create an inclusive, happy, loving environment for the children to learn at their own pace and in their own way.
- To promote gender equity and neutrality in a gentle and consistent manner by allowing each child to express their choice and choose their expression.
- To build a safe yet practical haven of learning and active engagement with their surroundings.
- To inculcate a love of nature, as well as a deep sense of wonder over its many miracles.